ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Etude House Speedy Total Mineral Base Review

Photobucket

Unfortunately there are no swatches or product shots of this one, since I had a few samples of Etude House's Speedy Total Mineral Base from back when my cousin was kind of enough to buy me their Pore Erasing Peach Base which are now long gone. But I still felt the need to review it as I've been thinking about it often lately and it really was great stuff!

What it does: Etude House's Speedy Total Mineral Base is basically supposed to be your sun protection, primer, concealer, and foundation all in one handy little product. It's made with deep sea water complexes and mineral powder and contains SPF 41, making it an all-around great product. The texture was light and easily blendable and didn't have that greasy sunblock feel that I dislike so much, and provided enough coverage (similar to a light foundation or a tinted moisturizer) that I didn't feel the need to wear foundation.

The bad: It doesn't really do much in the way of oil-absorbing, and so I needed to set this with a loose powder, but other than that the Speedy Total Mineral Base was pretty great. It's cheap (in Korea), effective, and easily portable. But for those of you who aren't the wide-ranging shades of super pale or pale (LOL), this probably won't work for you since it only comes in two shades.

But of course the tragedy is that this isn't available in the US and my only route is to purchase through ebay, where it's ridiculously marked up *sigh*. I guess I can live without it, but I want it! I may just need to wait until my next Korea trip though since I can't even remember what shade I was in this, not that there's all that much guessing involved with the two shades it comes in.
.

 

16 comments:

Anonymous said on October 29, 2008 at 2:34 PM

ooOooOo I WANT this!!! It sounds so nice and 'simple'...I love how it's everything in one, too bad it's not available in the U.S....:(

*Jen* said on October 29, 2008 at 5:43 PM

aleksis I'm a sucker for any and all multi tasking products, unfortunately for my wallet. This one really was quite good though!

Anonymous said on October 29, 2008 at 5:58 PM

You really are tempting me with all this talk about bb creams! I searched some on ebay, and I was overwhelmed by how many brands there are... but at least they were affordable! LOL @ having to be pale or super pale to use this. Fortunately, that works for me!

*Jen* said on October 29, 2008 at 6:18 PM

Nicole guess where I'm commenting from? One hint-not from a computer! So this one is technically not a BB cream (I don't know why the blurb on it says that it is) I guess because it doesn't have the anti aging properties and all that good stuff but nevertheless I liked it a lot! I'm also tempted to order this but I think I'll probably test out the skin79 one I was telling you about since it's supposed to be good and it's very affordable!

I'll be emailing you when I can sit down in front of a real computer!

Anonymous said on October 29, 2008 at 6:59 PM

LOL, you must be replying from your SO's iphone!

I saw tons of Skin79 on ebay, and they seem to be affordable. You need to get it ASAP, so I can hear all about it!

BTW, when I got home from work earlier, I had a card from Saks waiting for me... it was from the Bond No. 9 counter and it said I could receive a free Lexington Avenue sample... if I bring in the card by 10/31. :( That's Friday, and I have class. Boo! I wonder if they'd still give it to me on Saturday.

*Jen* said on October 29, 2008 at 7:10 PM

Right you are Nicole! The thing is seriously addictive and I feel like every time I'm near it I just become glued to the internet.

Apparently Skin79 is much cheaper on ebay than it is in retail stores because they have so many on-going promotions and stuff, so the ebay prices really are a great deal. We'll have to see if I can't work my magic on the SO lol!

And you NEED to find a way to get to Saks tomorrow or Friday! Sneak out during your lunch break if you need to ;). You know you'll regret not getting that Lexington Avenue sample! Or you should give them a call and ask if they're do Saturday--it really is such short notice.

Ahleessa said on October 29, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Oh you're going to Korea *jealous*! I want to go for the shopping... hehe~

*Jen* said on October 30, 2008 at 12:14 AM

Alyssa I used to go once a year but then in the past year or two things have just been so hectic that I haven't been able to find the time to go. But hopefully I'll be able to make it out to Korea early next year so I can get my beauty fix! I LOVE duty free =)

Connie De Alwis said on October 30, 2008 at 12:16 PM

thanks for the review! I've been looking for reviews on this. I'm tempted to try it!

*Jen* said on October 30, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Connie if you can find it this is definitely worth giving a try, although I don't know if I'd say it's worth the $30+ I see it going for on ebay. But I'm sorely tempted too!

I was expecting this to pretty much suck but I ended up liking it so much =X.

Anastasia said on October 31, 2008 at 11:56 AM

I think products which aren't available in the US help balance out the incredibly crooked scales of justice >:

Ha, take that. No Korean goodness for you, see how you like it T___T *Stares at Sephora discount codes*

*Jen* said on October 31, 2008 at 1:36 PM

Oh don't even! You get those Sleek palettes and the Barry M stuff and all sorts of fun Bourjois goodies only to name a few. Scales of justice my butt! One of these days I'm flying to England and buying every drugstore product in sight!

LOL Sephora really needs to start shipping to you!

Anastasia said on October 31, 2008 at 3:04 PM

Yeah they REALLY DO. Grr.

I spent all day trying to find a new bag, because my much-adored burgundy Hello Kitty messenger bag's strap broke the other day, dumping all my art supplies all over the street.

I must've searched HUNDREDS of sites just trying to find the perfect bag (most of which were hideous banana-yellow Cafepress rejects) - and eventually found the most amazing site EVER, where you can customise virtually everything with anything.

Happyhappy Ana.

Lmao, the word verification this time is "crepes". Mm, crepes.

*Jen* said on October 31, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Oooh I love crepes! Sweet crepe, savory crepes----crepes drenched in butter and sugar and topped with ice cream. It's all good to me =)

Anonymous said on March 12, 2009 at 3:29 AM

I've tried 6-7 different bb creams and found that Etude's total mineral base ( although not classified as bb cream) was probably the best so far. I have fair-ish yellow undertone with very oily skin and this works so well for me. It has a light pleasant smell and the texture is not oily at all. I'm hooked!

*Jen* said on March 12, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Anonymous I loved it too! If only I could find it here in the US!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!