As promised in this post, my review of The Body Shop's new Nature's Minerals line! A small caveat though-I'm really not the best person to be reviewing mineral products since I don't have all that much experience with them, nor do I tend to love them. Okay so I did love my Aromaleigh blushes but mineral foundations have always tended to irritate my sin.
Swatches of everything at the end of the post!

Nature's Minerals Foundation in Shade 02, Cheek Color in Pink Quartz, and Eye Color in Radiant GraphiteNature's Minerals Foundation ($25):
What did I love? Well first and foremost, this mineral foundation caused absolutely no reaction whatsoever from my skin. No irritation, itchiness, breakouts, etc. Thanks to the mesh sifter the foundation is clump free and very finely milled, making for a beautiful smooth texture. I piled this stuff on and I could hardly feel a thing.Not so much: The coverage unfortunately. This is probably why I'm not a mineral foundation kinda girl--I need medium to full coverage from my foundations, and that's hard to get from a non-liquid. Heck it can be hard to get from a liquid foundation! Nature's Minerals Foundations offer light to I'd say light/medium coverage, meaning if you have residual redness in your cheeks after priming and all that good stuff, it'll tone it down but it'll still be there.
As for oil control, it was decent but not exceptional. I was oily/shiny within 2-3 hours and it was all downhill from there.
I also didn't completely love the shade, but that was entirely my fault as I probably should've gone with 01 rather than 02, which is a little dark for me.
Verdict? If you have decent skin to begin with, or like to go for a soft natural look, this is a nice mineral foundation option, and probably among the best that I've tried, but I'm not converted just yet!
Nature's Minerals Cheek Color in Pink Quartz ($18):
I'm loving pretty much everything about this one! Pink Quartz is a pretty soft pink blush with luster-adding mica particles which diffuse light to help disguise fine lines that's flattering to most skintones. On me it creates a natural flush that's perfect for those days when I'm going for a more understated look. Nature's Minerals Eye Color in Radiant Graphite ($13):
Radiant Graphite is a soft gray/copper shade with beautiful shimmer that I've been using pretty often for a barely there daytime smoky eye. The Nature's Minerals Eye Colors tend to be pretty sheer as a whole, so while color is buildable the look below is pretty much as pigmented as they're going to get if you don't apply these with a wet applicator (which I have yet to try).
And Swatches:



16 comments:
oooOOOOoooo I love the sifter w/ the found.! I'm going to have to send you a sample of this mineral found. that I use, it's local. For me it def. has full coverage! Don't worry it doesn't make me break out and everything does...Did you aply a little bit of moisturizer or primer before hand? I find that doing that helps the minerals adhere better and you don't get 'itchy' when you sweat..(of course you wait unil the moisturizer completely dries! :P) I love the 'Radiant Graphite' if I ever run out of my MAC sweet sienna pigment I'll have to check this out, they are nearly identical!
Aleksis aren't the mesh sifters just the best idea ever for mineral makeup? LOL instead of the four randomly places holes that they usually give us?
I'm totally keeping these jars and reusing them when they're empty! They're going to come in so handy =P
Mineral foundation that gives full coverage? That sounds pretty great! I did apply moisturizer/primer before applying the mineral foundation, but maybe it wasn't sticky enough to help with adhering? It was just my usual primer and nothing specifically formulated for minerals.
I really like Radiant Graphite a lot! I was going to go for the pink (yet again!) but decided to try a little something different for once.
I love the blush and the shadow. Both are really pretty! I think I'm the only person alive who has never used mineral foundation... but the light coverage really scares me away from it, and the fact that I have no idea how my skin will react to it. Maybe some day!
Nicole you haven't used your Everyday Minerals samples??? You really should since they're already at your home! =)
You know they're calling to you asking to be tested ;)
Jen, some mineral foundation is just better at adhering to your skin, it all has to do with the ingredients I suppose! The one I have is amazing with sticking to the skin(but still being able to blend!) funny thing is, is that I get full coverage with just using a TINY bit...My skin is in NO WAY perfect either, and I always get compliments on my skin! When I get around to it, I'll have to send you a few samples!!
Aleksis your mineral foundation sounds fabulous! The Body Shop one is really nice but the coverage is just a little sheerer than I would've like--but it's great for those who don't like heavier coverage.
I can't wait to one day try your mineral foundation!
Do you prefer mineral to liquid? I was finally checking out the MUFE foundations the other day but couldn't remember your shade recommendation =X. I need to see if I can look it back up in cbox.
It's interesting that they have an expiration date. The mineral makeup made by Aromaleigh and Meow have no expiration date and the sites tout that they last for forever.
The mesh sifter is awesome!
Radiant Graphite is gorgeous.
I like the shimmer in the cheek and eye color.
I think it's lovely on you.
Phyrra it's so strange that they say the products last forever! I can see powders lasting a very long time, but they must go bad at some point--although maybe not.
I love the subtle shimmer the eye and cheek colors have. Nothing crazy but just enough to spice things up =P
I was used to an expiration date too, until I got into the mmu.
I'm still so new to mmu! I do love my minerals blushes a lot though--I don't think I've tried a mineral blush I haven't liked =P
Mineral blushes are just so pretty!
I still can't get over the lovely glow they give my face, though I've been trying to experiment with the placement of the blush to see what sort of effect it has.
Mineral blushes definitely do give your face a pretty glow plus I just find that I reach for them more often than I do my regular blushes lately. Which reminds me that I haven't been giving my aromaleigh blushes nearly enough love lately!
Exciting!! I love that there's a mesh sifter instead of the usual holes - looks interesting!!
We won't be getting these for another year or two (Canadian health boards take forever, argh!) so thank you very much for the review! I may just have to throw in an order of Pink Quartz and have it shipped to a US family member ^^
That shadow is gorgeous, this blog (and the Beauty Bar at tPF) are seriously making me rethink my makeup-less life.
Now I just need to figure out how to wear it...lol.
Rae the mesh sifter works SOOOO much better than the usual sifter holes, it's pretty ridiculous! I seriously didn't know what I was missing out on until this.
OMG another year or two? That's madness! I'd go stir crazy if I had to wait that long to try products =X.
Good evening Anoka! :)
Yes you must rethink your makeup-less life! Makeup adds so much color to my life =P
Practice makes perfect and buy buy buy lol! You should start out with a few basics--foundation, powder, and maybe a shadow and lippie, and then work your way from there to primers, eyeshadow bases, brow stuff, blushes,etc. You'll find that a makeup addiction is sooo easy to develop!
Post a Comment