ABS has moved!
Please visit me at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com - look forward to seeing you there!
ABS has a new look and is
now located at
http://abeautyfulsentiment.com -
please update your bookmarks! :)

Saks Fifth Avenue Polished Face Kit

Photobucket
Polished Face Kit ($198)

EXCLUSIVELY AT SAKS.
Tucked inside this Marc Jacobs leather clutch is everything you'll need to achieve a fresh, polished face.


Photobucket

Clutch Includes:
  • Dior 5-Color Eyeshadow compact in Tender Chic
  • Nars The Multiple in Copacabana
  • Yves Saint Laurent Touch Blush in Number 2
  • Giorgio Armani Gloss in Number 16
  • Guerlain Le 2 Two-Brush Mascara in black
  • Deluxe sample of Chanel Sublimage.
Photobucket

I saw this luxe set in the latest Saks mailer and of course I was tempted, but since I wouldn't really purchase any of these items individually, it wouldn't make sense for me to purchase them simply because they come beautifully packaged in a Marc Jacobs clutch!

 

8 comments:

Anastasia said on September 13, 2008 at 9:38 AM

Kits are always so much more tempting, but pretty ill-suited to people like us. To people who wear the same make-up look everyday, who found one and stuck with it, and only own THAT eyeshadow and the cosmetics for that particular look, a limited kit like that is great. But to people like you and I, who experiment and try different looks constantly, we won't be happy with one set, no Sir ;x

Anonymous said on September 13, 2008 at 9:55 AM

That certainly is tempting, but I, too, would most likely not use some of those products. The eyeshadow palette is pretty boring looking. I imagine they selected the color combo to work with a variety of skin tones and eye colors, but I've never been a fan of neutrals or earth tones. My two MAC Starflash shadows (Smoke & Diamonds and Glamour Check!) are about as "neutral" as I get.

*Jen* said on September 13, 2008 at 11:00 AM

You're so right Anastasia! I'd probably be sick of this in a week or so, since everything is just so neutral! It's a beautiful set and the fact that it comes packaged in a marc clutch makes it even more tempting, but i know i just wouldn't really use this, and so can't justify the price.

*Jen* said on September 13, 2008 at 11:01 AM

I've never been a big neutral or earth tones fan either Deb! Plus in my experience I've found most of the Dior palettes/quads to be ultra-sheer and therefore not really the greatest value for my money, although they do come in some great color combos. I don't have the patience to layer eyeshadows for ages in order to reach my desired level of pigmentation.

Anastasia said on September 13, 2008 at 3:12 PM

It's a pretty clutch, but it's a CLUTCH bag. I've never seen the point of a bag I then have to hold in my hand and carry about me with everywhere, I just know I'd end up leaving it in the bathroom and losing it.

Anonymous said on September 13, 2008 at 4:59 PM

When I was at Saks buying the Guerlain stuff, the girl tried really hard to get me to buy this, but I passed. I already own the Armani gloss, and I don't think I'd get much use out of anything else. Also, for that price, I can think of a million other beauty products I'd rather own. I am curious about the Guerlain mascara though. Have you ever tried it?

*Jen* said on September 13, 2008 at 11:36 PM

Anastasia I love the idea of a clutch, but I'm like you and would definitely lose one! In high school I would ALWAYS leave my purse hanging on the back of my seat, remember it a half hour later and run around in a panic. So of course clutches really aren't practical for me!

*Jen* said on September 13, 2008 at 11:37 PM

Nicole I haven't seen this yet in person, I don't think my stinky Saks had it in stock. I'm really curious about what the clutch looks like though.

I've only tried the Guerlain mascara very briefly while at Saks (the Guerlain salespeople at Saks in NYC are really scary/pushy so I try to stay away) and it was decent but I could see myself paying $30+ for it. Plus it doesn't really seem to get the greatest reviews!


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your comment won't show up immediately as it must be moderated before it's published, but I promise to get to it ASAP. I appreciate each and every comment and promise to reply!

Thanks again and come back soon!